Forthcoming dates 2019:
Exploring Sound, Cross Artform
Wednesday 23 January & Tuesday 19 March 2019 at Uillinn. Invitation open to all artists on the team
Arts for Health musicians will host a peer sharing to explore the hidden potential in the bank of instruments available to the artists team. The session will take a an open and creative approach, inclusive for non musicians to investigate cross artform collaborative opportunities.
Arts for Health, Exploring Working with Cognitive Difference (Training session, part 3)
Facilitated by Sarah Cairns
Tuesday 12 February 2019, 10am at Uillinn. Booking essential
This professional development session seeks to further inform arts and health practitioners when working with people who are experiencing memory loss and dementia. Continuing the conversation from previous training, participant consider techniques and their environment. The latter part of the session will serve to address specific challenges where artists can lead the session with anything they would like to tease out.
Arts for Health, Artists Training Day with Gráinne Hope /Kids Classics
Thursday 22 August 2019, 10am to 3pm at Uillinn
The training day will be an opportunity for the Arts for Health team to come together and explore methodology and approaches for working in healthcare settings with older people
The session will focus on:
· Understanding the role of a healthcare musician and the appropriate placement of music in sensitive settings.
· Exploring the skill set and best practice methods necessary to deliver quality interactions in Hospitals and Nursing Homes.
Programme content may include:
· The approach and methods required for successful musical interactions in hospital and care home environments
· Vocal and instrumental repertoire and improvisation
· Challenges of working in a team within a clinical space